Friday, May 9, 2014

The Unloading

This unloading was a first for me.  I usually unload quietly, on my own, but this time I had company all the way from the west coast of Washington!  They came to see if this was the kiln they might want to build so wanted to see the results first hand.  Having help carrying pots into the studio was great and having the time for "potter talk" was a real treat.  Had to moderate the language a bit when the disasters appeared.  The big cookie jar with the dunted lid for instance.  Overall it was a pretty successful firing for me, but in the end the visitors decided against wood firing and all the heavy work involved.  I sometimes wonder, myself!





2nd stack from the back.  

Back stack with really good temmokus.

Beautiful end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment